Wordpress

What’s the best way to set up Wordpress on a free account? I’m trying and keep getting a “PHP is not running” error.

Could you tell me how you are setting it up ?

As far as I could tell you are still using your registrar’s nameservers.

I just transferred over the domain name and it worked! I was trying to get it all set up before transferring over but I guess that’s not the best way to do it.

Glad it is working for you now :slight_smile:

If you are using our regular free hosting then only the limited version of Softaculous is included.

If you registered the domain with us or transferred the domain over to us then you would be on the Extreme Free Hosting plan, which includes the full version of Softaculous.

Hey, I’m having issues trying to even access the Softaculous auto installer and I have the extreme free hosting plan.

When i click the link it says this:

Site error: the file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/images/inc.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

Are you still having issue with the wordpress ?

I manually installed wordpress so i fixed wordpress. but in general when i click softaculous auto installer i still get the same error.

Thanks for letting us know about the error. This should be fixed now.